|Coordinator: Julie Dowsett
Amanda Cahir O'Donnell has over 25 years experience in developing teams and individuals.
Other speakers will give workshops on building your professional profile, and their career journey.
These speakers are to be confirmed.
This module offers researchers at all levels of their PhD a Personal Leadership Experience. It would Places will be offered to researchers towards the end of their PhD who may not have a future opportunity to attend this module. During this module you will have an opportunity to gain an insight into your strengths as a leader and work as part of a team to develop your skills as well as learning elements of project management and time management. It covers areas such as practical sessions on identifying your skills, how you work in a team, your learning style as well as project management, time management and the templates you provide for swot analysis and project management that you can go on to use in your own practice.
This module is invaluable for anyone considering their future career. It gives you the opportunity to reflect on how you work as part of a team as well as revealing your preferred leadership style.
Anyone doing a PhD would benefit from doing this very popular module.
|Learning outcomes and impact:|
This module offers researchers a Personal Leadership Experience.
At the end of this module researchers will be able to:
- Describe their strengths as a leader and understand their leadership style and how this impacts on others,
- Understand the role they play in a team
- Appreciate the importance of other team members and the features of a high level team
- Describe the key elements of project management and how to set up a project for success
- Understand and apply the tools of time management
- Identifying their skills and challenges with a personal SWOT analysis
- Be in a position to reflect on their next steps for development in leadership and management.
Lectures, exercises and reflections
A reflective essay on what you have learned about your leadership style.
Apply Now |